Dear Parents and Seniors,
We are excited about the upcoming graduation exercises.
Please familiarize yourself with this information as we approach graduation.
Graduation Practice June 2, 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. - Large Gym (Mandatory)
- 8:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. - Graduates will pick up their name card from their Counselor in the Large Gym.
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Graduates will practice moving to the Stadium, please dress appropriately to sit directly on the turf.
- Graduates will review and practice the following: Dress Code, processional, seating, reading of the names, recessional, turning in gowns, receiving diploma.
Commencement Processional Line Up June 3, 7:30 a.m. - Large Gym
- 7:30 a.m. Line up for the processional - Students will be checked for appropriate dress for the ceremony.
- Graduates should be in their best dress, tassel, cap and gown (ironed).
- Best Dress - Dress Shirts, Ties, Dockers/Slacks, Dresses or Dress pants (No flip flops or shorts) A well-dressed graduation class will make a more classy and memorable experience for everyone.
- Purses, backpacks, bags, phones or other items to carry should be left at home.
- Personal items that draw undue attention such as ostentatious clothing, jewelry, cap decorations, corsages, flower leis, candy leis, unauthorized sashes, medals and cords WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
- Jordan District Policy AA442 - “In order to maintain dignity and decorum at high school commencements, students participating in commencement exercises are subject to the dress and grooming standards articulated in Policy AA419 Student Conduct and Dress, and must wear the prescribed cap and gown during the entire duration of the commencement program, from the opening processional to completion of the recessional, without additional ornamentation or decoration. Personal items such as clothing, accessories or jewelry, that draw undue attention or detract from the dignity and decorum of the occasion, shall not be allowed. Mantles, cords, insignias or medals signifying achievement, honor or recognition are restricted to awards issued and approved for display at graduation by the local high school.”
- ALLOWED SASHES, MEDALS, CORDS
- Jordan School District Recognition
- Tech Center Leadership Medal
- CHHS Recognitions
- NHS Sash
- Top 7%
- Sterling Scholar
- End of Year Recognitions
- Valedictorian Medal
- Salutatorian Medal
- Alpha Ursa Medal
- Male and Female Athlete of the year Medals
- Leadership Medal
- Spirit Medal
- Honor Cords
- Associates Degree Recognition
- Salt Lake Community College Honors
Commencement June 3, 9:00 a.m. - Bruce Garrison Stadium at Copper Hills High
- Please plan to take pictures in caps and gowns prior to the Graduation Ceremony. Graduates will proceed out of the Stadium to the Large Gym to turn in their gown and receive their diploma. Only Graduates will be allowed in the Large Gym; family and friends can meet their graduate outside the Large Gym by the Fire Pit.
- It is requested that attending family members and friends dress appropriately for the occasion.
- We will LIVESTREAM the commencement on copperhillshigh.org
Commencement Tickets Available on MAY 26th on https://chhsathletics.com/event-tickets
- Students will have access to ticket reservations once their graduation status is confirmed.
- Due to our limited seating capacity, we are only able to allow up to FOUR family guests for each graduate. This will be a FULL CAPACITY event. All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Use the Student ID of the eligible graduate as the passcode for up to four electronic tickets.
- Tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Present at the gate printed copy or a phone picture to be scanned.
- Once a ticket is scanned, it is no longer valid.
Commencement Parking Procedures
- Parking at CHHS is VERY LIMITED, please limit vehicles to one per graduate.
- Please follow all posted signage and obey all local parking laws.
- Please drop off your graduate by 7:30 a.m. to line up for the processional. Please do not have the graduate drive separately as this is one less spot for someone else.
- The Stadium will open at 7:30 a.m. for seating. Remember your tickets.
- After Graduation, please clear the parking lot as quickly as possible as we need to prepare for the graduate parade staging in student parking beginning at 1:00 p.m. (Parade starts at 2:00 p.m.)
Graduate Parade June 3, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. - CHHS Parking Lot
- GRADUATES MAY NOT DRIVE THEMSELVES IN THE PARADE. Graduates participating in the parade will need a responsible adult driver.
- Only one vehicle per graduate, however graduates may "double-up" in one vehicle.
- The parade route starts on campus and proceeds east on New Bingham Highway. Please note that West Jordan City is allowing us to use the right lane. The left lane will stay open to traffic.
- At the end of the parade, normal posted speeds and all traffic laws will be in effect for parade drivers and passengers. Please think of safety for your graduate and everyone else involved as you make plans to participate in the parade.
- There will be more parade information given as we get closer to June 3rd.
We look forward to sharing this celebration with you and your graduate! Thank you for being familiar with this information and working with us on creating a positive and memorable experience for all involved.