Honor Cords -
- Directions - Open the link below and check all Honor Cords you are planning to earn. Please do not check cords you do not intend to or are not eligible to earn. LETTER OF INTENT SUBMISSION
- THIS IS A LETTER OF INTENT TO SHOW YOUR INTEREST TO THE HONOR CORD LEAD(S). THE FINAL APPLICATION(S) (DUE DATE LISTED BELOW) MUST BE TURNED IN TO EACH HONOR CORD LEAD(S) TO EARN THE HONOR CORD(S).
- TURN IN FINAL APPLICATION(S) TO EACH HONOR CORD LEAD(S).
- Honor Cord(s) Earned
- Amount Due - Each Honor Cord $5.25 (Salt Lake Community College Associates Degree Honors, Salt Lake Community College Certificate of Completion Honors Sterling Scholar Honors, Top 7% Honors - No Charge)
- Payment Due Date - Fee will be submitted in Skyward
- Email each individual Honor Cord Lead
- Email [email protected]
- Room 2220 - Please do not interrupt class
- Honor Cords are a combination of RIGOR (Academic requirements) and RELEVANCE (Application of learning). A student who earns one or more Honor Cords is acknowledged for their in-depth study and application of all aspects relating to the subject studied. Honor Cords are not merely given to those students who take classes or participate in - sports, clubs, various activities, the performing arts, etc. Honor Cords are awarded to those students who choose to focus, going above and beyond, in one or more areas of study, gaining deeper knowledge (RIGOR) and applying this in-depth knowledge (RELEVANCE).
- Honor Cords represent the RIGOR and RELEVANCE that has been completed at Copper Hills High or with partners of Copper Hills High: Salt Lake Community College and Jordan Applied Technical Center.
Check individual Honor Cord requirements below as each Honor Cord has a unique set of requirements and each Honor Cord Lead has written their requirements/application to meet the needs and desired outcomes of their specific Honor Cord.
- Honor Cord to wear at Graduation for each Honor earned (Colors listed below)
- Pin for each Honor earned (Excluding - Career and Technical Education, Salt Lake Community CollegeAssociates Degree, Sterling Scholar, Top 7%)
- Acknowledgement on the Graduation Program for each Honor earned
- Enhanced Diploma for each Honor earned - This enhanced diploma can be used on your resume to demonstrate your focus and in-depth knowledge in this area.
3. Communication, Human Interaction and Leadership – Red Cord
4. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – Teal Green Cord
- Agricultural Science Honors – Ms. Sabrina Park
- Biological Sciences Honors – Mr. Garth Rushforth
- Math Honors – Ms. Joanna Gomez
- Medical Science Honors – Ms. Mary Meyer
- Physical Science & Engineering Honors – Ms. Mary Meyer
- Skilled & Technical Science Honors – Mr.Warlough Crane
- Technology Robotics Honors– Ms. Anne Culbreath
6. Copper Community Service Honors (100 hours of community service – Cumulative 10, 11, 12 Grade) – Gold Cord
10. Sterling Scholar Honors (Selected by Judges) – Burgundy Cord
11. Top 7% Honors – Silver Cord
A report is run of all the seniors, including early graduates, in order of their GPA’s. The total number of seniors is multiplied by seven percent. This gives the number of students to be included as the top seven percent.
Ms. Michelle Nielson – Registrar