Welcome to the Attendance Office Home Page.
The goal of the attendance office is to increase the opportunity of each student at Copper Hills to profit from educational programs. The staff at Copper Hills makes every effort to encourage regular attendance by all students and assist parents in their responsibility to have their children attend school.
Hours and Contact Information: The attendance office is open on all regular school days.
- Hours: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Telephone: 801-256-5310
Click here to view our attendance policy in detail:
Here are three bits of the Attendance Policy for quick reference.
For the first 20 minutes of the school day, all students coming late should go directly to class, unless they have a parent note or parents have called to excuse that tardy. Note and phone call students should report to the Attendance Office to excuse their tardy. From 21 minutes on, late students will be required to check in at the Attendance Office before going to class, for a time documented unexcused check in.
Copper Hills High School No Grade Policy
This will become our official policy for NG’s
When another school calls and asks us to change an NG.
- We tell them that the student needs to do a flat (3) three hours (6 sessions) of attendance school for each NG. This can be done at the school they are now attending.
- As soon as we receive verification, we will change the NG.
- When a student is at Copper Hills High school and needs to make up attendance from the past. They must;
- Meet individually with their assistant principal
- Sign a contract that indicates that if they are allowed to make up the NG, they will not incur any further issues.
We want to help students graduate, but also hold them accountable for the time missed.
NO GRADES (NG) AND ATTENDANCE SCHOOL
- Students will be allowed zero truancies (sluffs, Z attendance code), 2 unexcused absences (A,U or W codes) or 3 tardies (T code) before receiving a “no grade” (NG) per class, per quarter.
- Upon the first sluff, third absence or fourth tardy, students will receive no credit (NG) for the class unless and until Attendance School is used to make up each excessive absence, tardy or truancy.
- One session of Attendance School will count for one absence or two tardies. – one session = one hour of attendance school
- Two sessions of Attendance School are required to make up a sluff.
- Students wishing to make up tardies must attend the entire session of Attendance School and will receive credit for two tardies.
- Each weekday Attendance School Session will cost $5.00, payable at the Main Office. (Attendance School dates and times will be posted on the Attendance Office window.)
- No Grades for each quarter should be cleared by the end of that quarter.
- Students who exceed the allowed number of absences or tardies may attend Attendance School for the following quarter to clear those absences at the regular rate.
- No grades (NG) may be cleared in any subsequent quarter by completing the required attendance schools.
- NO GRADES STOP YOUR STUDENT FROM RECEIVING CREDIT FOR THAT CLASS EVEN IF THEY HAVE EARNED A PASSING GRADE.
- Attendance School schedule will be posted on the Attendance Office window.
- Attendance School will be held in various locations as announced.Students must arrive on time (late arrivers will not be allowed to enter).
- In order to be admitted to Attendance School, a student must bring homework or a book to read. No music, cell phones, eating, games, sleeping, or talking is permitted. Violators will be asked to leave and will not be given credit for attending the makeup session regardless of the time of removal. Money paid will not be refunded.Payment should be made in the Main Office and receipt should be given to the teacher upon entering the Attendance School Session.
Attendance is counted as shown below:
ATTENDANCE CODE COUNTED AS AN ABSENCE
|A||ABSENCE MADE UP||No|
|C||EXCUSED ABSENCE DR/COURT NOTE||No|
|E||WAIVED ABSENCE (APPEAL)||No|
|G||GUARDIAN EXCUSED ABSENCE PHONE||No|
|L||MADE UP/EXCUSED TARDY||No|
|Q||GUARDIAN EXCUSED NOTE||No|