Welcome to the Attendance Office Home Page.
The goal of the Attendance Office is to increase the opportunity of each student at Copper Hills to profit from educational programs. The staff at Copper Hills makes every effort to encourage regular attendance by all students and to assist parents in their responsibility to have their children attend school.
Hours and Contact Information: The Attendance Office is open on all regular school days.
- Hours: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm (Summer Hours 8:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Telephone: 801-256-5310
Check-in/Check-out Procedure for Parents:
- Students who are more than 20 minutes late and students with a parent/guardian phone call or note should check in through the Attendance Office, upon arrival at school.
- Student check-out can be requested by a phone call, received before 2 pm the day of check out. For student safety, only legal guardians and those designated by the parent/guardian either in writing or during registration verification, will be allowed to check students in or out.
- Students can pick up their check-in and check-out slips in the Attendance Office.
- A verified parent note or phone call can excuse a late check-in or early check-out.
CHHS Attendance Policy 2022-2023
Consistent attendance directly contributes to student success. We encourage every student to attend every class every day.
Parents are encouraged to monitor student attendance via their Skyward/Jordan Family Access. The Attendance Office Staff and CHHS Administration is available to answer any questions regarding this policy, please call 801-256-5310.
A UNEXCUSED ABSENCE
B MADE UP ABSENCE BY STUDENT
C CHECK-IN/OUT BY GUARDIAN
E GUARDIAN EXCUSED ABSENCE
F WAIVED/CLEARED ABSENCE BY ADMINISTRATIVE APPROVAL
H HOME & HOSPITAL
K SUPERVISED CUSTODY DETENTION/CRISIS/TREATMENT CENTER
L EXCUSED/CLEARED TARDY
N SCHOOL EXCUSED ACTIVITY
S OUT-OF-SCHOOL SUSPENSION
V GUARDIAN EXCUSED VACATION (10 Day Maximum)
W WAY LATE/LEFT EARLY
Excused v. Unexcused: Learning is still required. While an absence may be excused, the missed learning will still affect the grade in the class. Parents may excuse absences up to 5 days after they occur. Extenuating circumstances should be discussed with an administrator.
*Verified Truancy: (Sluffing) cannot be excused.
Way Late: Arriving 20 minutes after the tardy bell or leaving class before the dismissal bell rings, without permission, results in a W, which is counted as an unexcused absence.