Welcome to the Attendance Office Home Page.
The goal of the Attendance Office is to increase the opportunity of each student at Copper Hills to profit from educational programs. The staff at Copper Hills makes every effort to encourage regular attendance by all students and to assist parents in their responsibility to have their children attend school.
Hours and Contact Information: The Attendance Office is open on all regular school days.
- Hours: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm - Summer Hours 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Telephone: 801-256-5310
Click here to view our attendance policy in detail:
CHHS Attendance Policy
Consistent attendance directly contributes to student success. We encourage every student to attend every class every day.
Check-in/Check-out Procedure for Parents:
- Students who are more than 20 minutes late and students with a parent/guardian phone call or note should check in through the Attendance Office, upon arrival at school.
- Student check-out can be requested by a phone call, received before 2 pm the day of check out. For student safety, only legal guardians and those designated by the parent/guardian either in writing or during registration verification, will be allowed to check students in or out.
- Students can pick up their check-in and check-out slips in the Attendance Office.
- A verified parent note or phone call can excuse a late check-in or early check-out.
Students will be allowed the following:
- 2 Unexcused Absences per class, per quarter
- 3 Tardies per class, per quarter
When a student exceeds 2 absences or 3 tardies in a class, their grade will automatically change to a No Grade (NG). An NG signifies that no credit is awarded for the course until the NG has been resolved.
To resolve NGs, students will work with each teacher, by appointment, to recover missed learning in each class.
- The teacher will submit to the Attendance Office the appropriate form to verify the resolution of the NG(s).
- The required time to resolve NGs may be contingent upon the amount of learning missed. Teachers will focus on the missed learning in each class to determine the amount of make-up time required.
- Students are responsible to schedule the appropriate time* to complete their recovery work and learning. This may include before or after school (between 7am - 3pm) and/or during intervention time.
(*Note: Teachers will not be required to do any NG recovery during their lunch time. Please respect teachers' time to have lunch without interruption.)
- Teachers and Academic Advisors will help remind students that NGs should be resolved during the current quarter; however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to track their own grades.
- At the conclusion of each quarter, any unrecovered NGs will remain on the student's report card. Resolving NGs from previous quarters will require completion of a recovery module in CANVAS for each NG. These will be facilitated by an Academic Advisor. Additionally, participation in school dances, extracurricular activities, athletics, and the graduation ceremony may be limited until NGs from previous quarters are resolved.
- NG's, earned previous to enrollment at CHHS, must also be resolved with an Administrator.
Parents are encouraged to monitor student attendance via their Skyward/Jordan Family Access. The Attendance Office Staff and CHHS Administration is available to answer any questions regarding this policy, please call 801-256-5310.
UNDERLINED CODES COUNT TOWARD A NO GRADE (NG)
A UNEXCUSED ABSENCE
B MADE UP ABSENCE BY STUDENT
C CHECK-IN/OUT BY GUARDIAN
E GUARDIAN EXCUSED ABSENCE
F WAIVED/CLEARED ABSENCE BY ADMINISTRATIVE APPROVAL
H HOME & HOSPITAL
K SUPERVISED CUSTODY DETENTION/CRISIS/TREATMENT CENTER
L EXCUSED/CLEARED TARDY
N SCHOOL EXCUSED ACTIVITY
S OUT-OF-SCHOOL SUSPENSION
U UNEXCUSED CHECK IN
V GUARDIAN EXCUSED VACATION (10 Day Maximum)
W WAY LATE (anything beyond 20 minutes late) will be considered an absence.
Excused v. Unexcused: Learning is still required. While an absence may be excused, the missed learning will still affect the grade in the class. Parents may excuse absences up to 5 days after they occur. Extenuating circumstances should be discussed with an administrator.
*Verified Truancy: (Sluffing) cannot be excused and will result in an automatic NG.