GRADUATION - Under Construction
May 29, 2024
Wednesday May 29, 2024 6:00pm, UCCU Center UVU
Graduation 2023 - 2024 coming soon!
Student Information (Please Review with Your Senior) - Lasts Years Info. This year is not ready yet.
- The Main Office will be open from 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Yearbook Stomp 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Main Gym)
- Students must have all fines and fees cleared in order to pick up their yearbook.
- If lost students can print their Yearbook ticket at the Auditorium Box Office
Cap and Gown Distribution
May 25th - 26th (Thursday - Friday) Cap, Gown, and Honor Cords distribution in the Tech Atrium.
- Distribution will begin at 7 am, continue during lunches, and after school until 3 pm.
- All fines, fees, and failing grades need to be cleared in order to pick up cap and gown.
Graduation Practice May 31, 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. - Large Gym (Mandatory)
- 8:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. - Graduates will pick up their name card from their Counselor in the Large Gym.
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. - Graduates will review and practice the following: Dress Code, processional, seating, reading of the names, recessional, turning in gowns, receiving diploma.
Commencement Processional Line Up June 1, 8:00 a.m. - Maverik Center Tunnels
- Graduates: Graduating Seniors are required to be in the tunnels below Maverik Center at 8:00am -one hour before the commencement ceremony begins.
o At Graduation Practice, graduates will be given an assignment on which door to enter Maverik Center. Graduates will enter on the ground level. Parents/Patrons enter the upper level. If elevator access is needed, Please enter the VIP entrance- ground level, SW side.
- Best Dress - Dress Shirts, Ties, Dockers/Slacks, Dresses or Dress pants (No flip flops or shorts). You should have your cap and gown (without wrinkles). A well-dressed graduating class will make a more classy and memorable experience for everyone.
- Purses, backpacks, bags, phones or other items to carry should be left at home.
- Personal items that draw undue attention such as ostentatious clothing, jewelry, cap decorations, corsages, unauthorized sashes, medals and cords WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Leis will be allowed, and we respectfully ask that they be worn in the conservative and traditional manner as per the policy below:
(Jordan District Policy AA419- The graduation commencement ceremony is a formal and dignified in-person school sponsored activity which has significant meaning for graduates, parents, families, staff, and the community. The commencement ceremony, from the opening of the processional to the completion of the recessional, honors the collective achievement of the graduating class.
In order to maintain the dignity, decorum, propriety, and respect of the commencement ceremony, the following is expected of all participants:
- Conduct, dress and appearance are to adhere to the provisions in this policy and be appropriate for a ceremony of this nature.
- Graduates are expected to wear the prescribed cap and gown without alterations.
- Graduates will be allowed to wear recognized items of religious or cultural significance in a dignified manner.
- Formal, semi-formal, or customary dress attire is appropriate for a commencement ceremony.
- School issued and approved tassels, sashes, pins, hoods, cowls, mantles, cords, insignias, or medals signifying achievement, honor, participation, membership, or recognition may be worn.)
- ALLOWED SASHES, MEDALS, CORDS
- Jordan School District Recognition
- Tech Center Leadership Medal
- CHHS Recognition
- NHS Sash
- Top 7%
- Sterling Scholar
- End of Year Recognitions
- Valedictorian Medal
- Salutatorian Medal
- Alpha Ursa Medal
- Male and Female Athlete of the year Medals
- Leadership Medal
- Spirit Medal
- CHHS awarded Honor Chords
- CTE Associated Award Medallions (FBLA, DECA, SkillsUSA)
- Associates Degree Recognition
- Salt Lake Community College Honors
- After the ceremony is complete, graduates will return to the tunnels. They will return their gowns (they keep the cap and tassel) and receive a ticket. The ticket will be proof they have returned their gown, and they can then get their diploma from their counselor in the tunnels. They will then exit the Maverk VIP entrance.
- IF YOU WANT PICTURES OF YOUR GRADUATE (AND FRIENDS) IN THEIR CAPS AND GOWNS, YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE THESE PICTURES BEFORE GRADUATION.
Parent Information – Need to know
Commencement June 1, 9:00 a.m. – Maverik Center
- Due to our limited seating capacity, we are asking families to bring 2-8 people. We anticipate that this will be a FULL CAPACITY event.
- We will LIVESTREAM the commencement on copperhillshigh.org
- All spectators will need to pass through Maverik Center Security/metal detectors. Large bags are strongly discouraged as they take longer to inspect. Please anticipate this delay as you come to the event.
- As a school event, firearms and airhorns are not permitted into Maverik Center at graduation.
- It is requested that attending family members and friends dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Graduate names are read quickly to accommodate time – please refrain from excessive cheering for your graduate, as this may prevent the next’s student’s name from being heard.
Commencement Parking Procedures
Parking: Please be courteous to our fellow Grizzlies as you park at Maverik Center. We have another graduation after ours, and those guests will be arriving as we leave. In case there is an issue, Maverik Center has suggested we use their overflow parking to the northeast (kitty corner) from Maverik Center. For families needing handicap accessible parking, it’s better to park in Maverik Center parking. Both lots are best accessed from 3100 S, on the north side of the Maverik property. You can access 3100 S directly from Bangerter Highway, or Redwood Rd, but not from I215. DO NOT PARK IN the SPS lot across the street from Maverik. They will tow your vehicle, and they have security diligently checking their lot. There is also a TRAX station - please check routes and schedules to make sure you arrive on time.
Once you are parked, you should plan on at least 15 min to walk in, pass security, and find your seat.
We look forward to sharing this celebration with you and your graduate! Thank you for being familiar with this information and working with us on creating a positive and memorable experience for all involved.
ü Graduation practice is mandatory (May 31, 8:30am at CHHS)
ü Take cap and gown photos BEFORE graduation (gowns turned in after ceremony)
ü Graduates in the Maverik tunnels June 1 by 8:00am, nicely dressed with cap and gown (nothing to carry)
ü Maverik regular and overflow parking are most easily accessed via 3100 S
ü Parents seated by 9:00am after passing Maverik security – large bags discouraged
ü CHHS does not allow airhorns or firearms at this event
ü Parents are NOT ALLOWED on the arena floor or the tunnels before, during, or after this event
ü Arrive early, because it takes time to walk in, pass security, and find your seat
ü We wish you and your graduate a very safe celebration of their hard work and achievements!
PTSA - Graduation Night Activity @ Rush FunPlex.
COPPER HILLS STREAM KEY AND URL
STREAM KEY: aj40-r7sj-3bf4-9b9z-6jus