Copper Hills High School is situated just east of the Oquirrh Mountains in the southwest corner of the Salt Lake Valley. This modern educational facility opened its doors in the fall of 1995 and currently serves over 2,800 students. CHHS is proud to offer a clean, safe, and inviting educational environment focused on the continued improvement of student learning. The school’s comprehensive improvement efforts are data-driven and reflect the interests and concerns of each stakeholder group. Copper Hills features the district’s most progressive community approach to public education and has since established itself as a model-school for the study of smaller learning communities.
Dedicated teachers, counselors, and administrators at CHHS work diligently to prepare graduates with the skills necessary to communicate clearly, work collaboratively, and think critically in today’s competitive workforce.
- Copper Hills High School is pleased to serve 2,800 students representative of an ethnically diverse community. Enrollment is expected to increase over the next several years as land continues to be developed to the west.
- The school operates on a rotating A/B block schedule consisting of 84 minute class periods. This modified eight period schedule provides the opportunity for students to earn additional elective credits.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 28.5 although actual class sizes may vary.
- CHHS serves nutritious meals for breakfast and lunch daily. Free and reduced-price lunches are also available to those who qualify.
- The special education team is committed to providing exceptional service for all students with special needs.
- Copper Hills welcomes parent volunteers and values relationships built with the local business community.
- The Jordan Applied Technology Center is just a short drive from campus and offers hands-on technical training in a variety of vocations.
- CHHS is proud to offer 38 courses where students may generate college credit through an AP Exam or Concurrent Enrollment.
- Copper Hills maintains the district’s highest AP pass ratio.
- Several CHHS students/organizations/teams have been recognized at both state and national levels.